3.14.2008

Reactions to the new 'do

Three years after I first started growing my hair long, I finally decided I was over it. The number of out-of-control-flying-in-my-face bad hair days were beginning to outnumber the good ones. Plus, since I am now responsible for getting our son to school on time, I could benefit from shaving a few minutes off my prep time in the morning.

Amanda opted to try out a new hair place near our house before I went there. In her words, "I'll sacrifice my hair at the altar in search of a good stylist for you." So sweet! She went on Wednesday and really liked the lady, so we went together on Thursday for my turn. I needed Amanda there for emotional support and to talk the lingo. I don't speak hairdresser.

Here are some before, during and after pictures ... plus a shot of the aftermath. It was too short for Locks of Love. Amanda turned down my offer to put them in a lovely vase on the mantle.




Reactions to the new hair:
  • "I like that look ... for you."
  • "Braden's daddy got a haircut! That's funny."
  • "You look 10 years younger."
  • "The longer hair gave you more personality." (um, thanks!)
  • "Dude ... what happened?"
  • "Sir, may I help you?" (from someone who didn't recognize me at FBA)
  • "That's different."
  • "Honey, you look hot ... er."
  • "You look like a guy in Spy Kids 2."
  • "You have a relevant haircut and a community with your new family ... now you just need to be godly."
  • "He looks younger and THINNER!" (thanks, Amanda's co-workers!)
  • "WOW!"
  • "Whoa!"
  • "Congrats, old, married man - now you look the part! : )"
  • "Ooooooh! You are so cute! You are so adorable! It's so cute!"
  • "You look so baby-faced." (a follow-up comment from the person who said the long hair gave me more personality)
  • "Oh, Mylanta!"
  • "LOVE THE HAIR!! Lookin' really studly : ) "

More will be added as the day goes on . . .

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I love it! Great look.

Jen said...

The last quote sounds like Becky Kiser.

Steven and Amanda said...

If you're talking about ""LOVE THE HAIR!! Lookin' really studly : )" -- it was Stan Kwan.

Becky's was the one about being relevant and a community ... but not godly. : (

Ulovebeth said...

Praise God.

Steven and Amanda said...

Lincoln said I look like a youth pastor.

Me said...

Yea! I love it!