10.21.2005

Seeing Is Believing

Here's a reluctantly-posed-for picture of my niece and nephew, Kyle and Kristin, taken a couple of Saturdays ago. Many of you have heard me talk about them and the athletic prowess they inherited from me, so here's some proof that they do exist and they do got game.

Unfortunately, their games were at the same time that weekend. So, we went to the first half of Kristin's soccer game and the second half of Kyle's football game, making the way from one venue to the next across town with lawn chairs in tow. Oh, the weekly rituals of elementary school sports fans!

Kristin prefers to play with her glasses on and has never been known to pull her hair back from her face. But it all seems to work. The girl can play. Check out the action shot below of her scoring one of her goals. That's right. One of her two goals.

Kyle plays with his contact lenses ... if he remembers to put them in in the morning, of course. I'm not sure if things are blurry for him out on the field, but it's pretty hard to miss the endzone as long as you're running in the right direction. And speaking of being blurry, that's what Kyle is as he flies down the field. The shot below shows him scoring one of his three touchdowns in that game. That's right. One of his three touchdowns. The only three touchdowns in the whole game.



I know, I know ... you're probably thinking, "Well, let me tell you about my niece/nephew ..." I understand that Kyle and Kristin aren't the only kids in America who scored that day. But I'm their uncle, I'm proud of 'em, I love 'em ... and you can go start your own blog! ;-)


No comments: