3.23.2006

Tearing Down Walls In More Ways Than One

Thanks for your prayers for Bob. I want to share with you an e-mail that I received from him today:

"Hi, thank you for your card. Im so sorry for what happened to the wall and at the same time I am very grateful that I was not seriously hurt, not even a scratch. I was not aware that I came out in the news. What did channel 2 say? Can you give me some information about that? Anyway............yes I would love some information about your services. I will not be going any time soon though, but I will go..........I just need some time. I know God has something for me and he is going to do it the easy way or hard way. I just need some time to get my life in order. Thanks again for sending me a card instead of a bill for the wall. Please keep me in your prayers, I really do need them alot."

In my reply to Bob (again, not his real name), I talked about "walls" that we build up in our lives that prevent us from having a closer relationship with God. I commented on the symbolism of his crashing into a wall -- and one at a church, too! It reminded me of how God chipped away at the walls in my life -- but that He just may be doing it more dramatically in Bob's life!

As I was typing my reply, Stephen Curtis Chapman's "Great Expectations" was playing on my radio. I was reminded of how that song ministered to me so much, especially not long after the "walls" had come down in my life. So, I quickly googled and shared the lyrics with Bob in my e-mail, too.

I offered to take Bob to lunch or dinner sometime with some other friends of mine. Please pray that he would be open to connecting more -- if not in person, then at least through e-mail. More importantly, pray for his heart to be softened and in tune with what God may be showing him.

2 comments:

palomita said...

Steven, that is SO great! I think the fact that he even sent you an email is a huge sign!!

Aimee said...

Great post Steven! I thought about this yesterday when Pastor Gregg was talking about building large walls with small bricks, and that only God can destroy those brick walls in our lives. Maybe you can send him the sermon to listen to off of the website?!