5.11.2006

I am shaving my head

My next CD purchase will be Chris Daughtry's smash hit debut album. I'm not sure when it will be released, but you know it will be. And you know you'll be in line right behind me to buy it or download it on iTunes.

Last night reminded me of when Ghost was nominated for Best Picture by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. It left me bitter, jaded and reluctant to watch the show anymore. How could anybody put Ghost up against Goodfellas and Dances With Wolves (which won, by the way)? On top of that, how could anybody nominate Ghost over Avalon? That astounding lack in judgment was almost as bad as American Idol voters saying that Taylor, Katharine and Elliott were better than Chris.

What can explain this? How can I find an acceptable, plausible explanation that will free me from the cognitive dissonance that has plagued me for the past 16 hours? It just ain't right.

In the meantime, I am shaving my head to show my support for Chris. That's right. Bald as an eagle. Bald as cue ball. I always thought that I would shave my locks if a friend of mine were ever stricken with cancer, but perhaps this is my calling, instead. I'll do it for Chris.

(Oh, wait. Never mind. It's just a TV show.)

3 comments:

David Hilburn said...

Idol minds are the Devil's workshop.

Shanna said...

I think there was some phone line tampering. I hereby rebuke Southwestern Bell, Bell South, and all cell phones in the name of Mighty Jesus!

David Hilburn said...

Not sure I have ever seen entire episode start to finish.

Oh the joy of not being hip.