6.25.2007

Um, I'll just have water.


I thought this was a novelty gag gift when I saw it at the end of the check-out aisle at Buc-ees in Luling. But as I commented out loud to Amanda that it had to be joke, the customer in line behind us assured us that it was not. He should know -- he happened to be a Budweiser employee.

If you haven't connected the dots just yet, let me spell this out for you. Inside that can is a combination of tomato juice, beer -- and clam juice.

That's right. Tomatoes, beer ... and clams.

So tell me ... how thirsty would you have to be to drink that? If I ate sand and sucked on cotton balls for two days straight I might -- might -- lick the condensation off the can -- but that's as close as I would get.

9 comments:

palomita said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Nancy Mon said...

Must be an acquired taste...

I think I would rather have the little bit of throw up in my mouth than beer, tomato and clamato juice with a hint of limon.

Laurie said...

with salt and lemon...don't forget that part.

Actually, it doesn't sound too bad. Probably similar to a Bloody Mary with a little less zing and a little more salt. I'm just sayin'...

David Hilburn said...

Shouldn't you try it before prejudging?

Wacoso said...

Goes down mighty fine after a case of good beer.

FitzandMolly said...

that's just ignunt.

David Hilburn said...

I hope that stuff doesn't get into the Lone Star!

Alyssa said...

That sounds absolutely, positively revolting.

yi said...

i have had beer and clamato before. (not premixed in a can like this though) it's good! with a bit of hot sauce. it's a basically a michelada, if you've ever had one of those.