3.22.2007

Fantastic Floral Follow-Up

I received the following IM from Amanda this morning:

"Thank you for the roses, they are beautiful!"

That put me in a pickle. I did not send her any flowers, but she thought that I did. There's no way I was going to be "that guy" and try to claim responsibility.

And, I didn't want my natural curiosity to come across too strong and risk looking as though I was concerned about who the sender may be. (For the record, I was not concerned. I just didn't want it to look as though I was concerned. Make sense?)

Fortunately, in the fast-paced world of IM, my curiosity was put to rest within about 3 seconds. Amanda sent the content of the note that came with the flowers:

"Thanks for being the Real Deal. You provided the most priceless moment in class history."

She did some investigating and discovered that some girls in the class got together to send her two dozen roses as a "thank you" for the story she shared last Sunday. (What story? Click here or keep scrolling.)

They also had another motive: to give Amanda an opportunity to share the story of the story at work. When there are roses sitting on a woman's desk, co-workers always ask what they're for, right? Now, she'll have another opportunity to share the story -- to demonstrate how believers are called to be "set apart" from the world.

So, thanks to Carrie, Alicia, Aimee, Monica, Bonnie and LB for being such great encouragers!

(Next time, could you just send one dozen? You're raising Amanda's expectations!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I love it. It never crossed my mind the flowers would become a testimony, isn't God good?
and PS next time we are sending three dozen...better get your game on Murray!

Lori Latham said...

Hopefully they are red like Murray was that night!

David Hilburn said...

Sam's has beautiful roses. $18 for 2 dozen.