3.06.2007

An Historic Day for Texas

On this day in 1836, the Alamo fell. Gen. Sam Houston cleaned up the mess about six weeks later by defeating Santa Anna and his peeps near present-day Baytown.

On this day in 1998, my house became mine. This is the 9th anniversary of my closing date. Over the years, I'm sure my house has been invaded by more people than the Alamo was -- several times over, in fact. And she's still standing strong.

Sure, there are a few cracks and scratches here and there. But overall, she looks almost as good as new -- not including the master bedroom floor or closets.

I wonder if Gen. Sam is available for housecleaning, too?

2 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Steven, you've kept those closets up locked so tight, I bet people would pay to be able to clean for you just purely for the purpose of finding out what you've been hiding!

David Hilburn said...

Let's play a new game: Six Weird Things Hidden in Murray's CLoset!