7.09.2007

"Say 'Cheese!'" ... or ... "Um, where does the cheese go?"

Today, a digital camera I ordered for work arrived from Amazon. Inside the box was the invoice, packaging materials ... and a coupon for 55 cents off one (1) package of Hormel Natural Choice Deli Meat.

The coupon also includes a recipe for a bagelwich. Here are the directions:

"To assemble bagelwich, layer bottom half of bagel with lettuce leaf, cheese slices, tomato slices, bell pepper rings, ham slices, and alfalfa sprouts. Cover with top half of bagel."

If somebody needs directions to make a sandwich, I would like to see him trying to figure out using a digital camera for the first time.

The coupon also made me wonder -- why in the world was there a coupon for deli meat with a digital camera? Does market research indicate that people who buy digital cameras are also deli meat consumers? On Amazon.com, they do a great job recommending items to buy based on previous searches and purchases.

But for the record, I have never searched for meat online. Not once.

2 comments:

Nancy Mon said...

Maybe they thought you might make a sandwich while reading the instructions for the camera. Now if the instructions were in Japanese for making the sandwich, that would be awesome! Always wear a hairnet when preparing food.

Ulovebeth said...

"By George, I think there's a pickle in my lens! Somebody get me my camera instructions--and pass the mustard while you're at it!"