8.16.2005

My brother Ricky

In India in January 2005, I met Ricky Pannu in a village outside of Amritsar. Ricky's a great guy with a sweet spirit about him, and appears to be a leader among his peers (as they followed him wherever he went). He is a believer, and our team felt that he is a "person of peace" in his community.

Through e-mail, Ricky and I have kept in touch ever since I got back from the trip. In fact, he prayed for me while on the Summit Ministries mission trip to Guatemala in May. He recently finished school and is currently looking for a job. On one interview, he was told that the job was being held for Sikhs or Hindus -- not Christians. In an e-mail to me, he asked, "Is it a sin to be a Christian?" I'm sure that he asked that out of frustration, not out of genuine doubt.

He has another interview on September 5 for another job. He needs work in order to help support his parents and siblings. Ricky and his family are certainly in the minority in India, and especially near Amritsar (the spiritual "capital" of Sikhism). As Ricky faces such adversity, please pray for him to be encouraged, to find hope in Him, and for God to provide for him and his family.

No comments: