8.18.2006

Restroom Reading

Went to dinner with some folks the other night so we could catch up with Dovie. She's in H-Town for the week. Good to see her, and her hair looked GREAT -- despite some recent drama at the salon. You'll have to ask her about "the fan."

Anywho ... Dave went to the restroom. When he came back, he asked me how long HFBC has been advertising in the men's room.

"Finally!" I thought. I get to see one of our ads. The director of Adult Ministries paid for CSI: Houston to be featured in restroom "billboards" located above the urinals in men's rooms (and I assume inside the stall doors in the women's rooms). This was the first time for me to see one.

So, I went to the men's room and awkwardly took a couple of pictures with my camera phone when nobody else was around. I came back to the group and showed some peeps the pictures. When I closed my phone, I noticed that the time was ...

9:11 pm.

I cannot make this stuff up even if I tried.

1 comment:

raj said...

maybe this is a whole blog entry by itself --what are your thoughts on churches advertising?

especially since your role is so connected to this i would love to hear your viewpoint. i have not really figured out which side i am on...