2.20.2007

Always check the "To:" line

Here's an e-mail I accidentally received from a potential vendor. It was sent to me and his co-workers:

"Will your Mother mind you working for the Baptists? Be sure and take Jill to the meeting with you and remind her to put the St. Christopher on her dash."

Honestly, I thought it was funny. Here's my reply:

"Looks like I received this e-mail by accident. If I need to call somebody’s mother and reassure them that we Baptists are nice people, I would be glad to do so! =) I’m looking forward to meeting with you and the other reps from XYZ! Let us know when that meeting can take place."

And here's his reply to that:

"I should explain that all of my family for generations have been Baptists (with a few Methodists on my father's side thrown in) and that Jack and Jill are our good neighbor Catholics. I have a feeling that I am about to lose my email privileges, sorry for the confusion! Bob Smith, who left you a message, comes from a long line of Alabama Baptists! We've worked with a number of congregations over the years, Presbyterian, Baptist, Lutheran, Episcopal etc.; and look forward to the opportunity to support you and your folks any way we can."

(For the record, all names have been changed and all misspellings have been corrected. Even though they weren't mine, I can't stand to post them on my blog.)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That's classic! There's a woman who repeatedly copies me on internal documents from her company. Apparently one of her employees has the same name as I do and our email addresses get mixed up. Good times.

palomita said...

Lose email privileges? There are a bunch of places where that email would have meant "job opening".