11.28.2006

Two words you never see in a sentence

Went to my neighborhood Target tonight on Sawyer for some stuff and stopped off at the Starbucks inside for a grande non-fat decaf peppermint mocha to keep me company. Hello, sweet friend.

I handed the cashier my debit card, but he waved it off. Afraid they would only take cash (which I didn't have on me), I began to mourn the loss of my sweet friend. But, the cashier explained that their cash register wasn't working so my drink was free.

That's right. Free. Starbucks gave me a grande non-fat decaf peppermint mocha for free.

Later, while standing in line to check-out with my basket of stuff, I wondered if the cash register were up and running yet at the Starbucks, and if not, would the cashier give me another grande non-fat decaf peppermint mocha for free.

But then I realized I didn't want to be that guy, so I wasn't.

1 comment:

Ulovebeth said...

My mom insists that Starbucks is owned by France. She heard that from one of her friends. I say, that it's owned by guys from Seattle who live in the West Pole past the Land of the Candy Cane Forrest.
You've redeemed many people for loving Starbucks with your story. I love to hate them, and hate to love them.
Somebody give me a non-fat peppermint mocha latte before I make up my mind!!