12.27.2007

Now THAT is bootylicious!

On our way to Amanda's parents' house the other night, a car entered the freeway just before I did. But in this case, to use the term "car" is like using the term "house" to describe Versailles or the Biltmore Estate.

No, my friends. This was no mere car. This was a Rolls Royce Phantom.

Sure, this wasn't the first Rolls Royce I had ever come across. Living in Houston, it isn't all that unusual -- especially when the local Rolls Royce dealership is just a few miles from my home and conveniently located on my route to Amanda's house. Every time I drive by, my heart goes out to those poor little cars desparate to find a home. Some people get misty-eyed at animal shelters. I tear up driving by the Rolls dealership.

So there we were ... just a few feet behind this beautiful specimen on the open freeway. I did my best to keep up with it -- partially so I could behold its beauty, and partially so I could see who was driving it. (Just who do they think they are? And would they be my friend?)

We managed to stay on its tail from US-59 and Kirby to somewhere near UH on I-45. Once or twice, we even came alongside the creature and were able to stare into its eyes. And by that, I mean we stared into its windows to see who was at the wheel.

Amanda and I are 99.9% sure that it was Beyonce's parents. Just the day before, I saw a special on TV about Beyonce so I had a fresh visual in my mind about what they looked like. That evening, some googling confirmed our assumptions.

Gee whiz, Beyonce. Thanks for showing us up! Among the things my parents got for Christmas this year were some Starbucks coffee, a shirt or two, a flower pot from the Mad Potter (with Braden's thumbprints as the flowers), and a "Hillary" nutcracker courtesy of my brother and sister-in-law.

It may not be as classy as a Rolls, but at least nobody is going to chase them down to get a good look.








No comments: