1.19.2006

Flingin' My Green And Gold Afar

At HFBC on January 15, Pastor Gregg pointed out that the First Edition was printed in burnt orange in honor of the Longhorns' national championship. Being the devout Aggie that he is, he pointed out that he had nothing to do with the color choice. As pastor of the church, he does not micromanage down to the color of ink used in our weekly newsletter -- and rightfully so.

This week's First Edition is in maroon ink. It features an announcement about three new HFBC staff members -- myself included. With pictures, no less.

Me in maroon. Yes, I went to A&M for graduate school, but to this day I still have no idea where my diploma is. I remember seeing it last at my parents' house at some point rolled up in the tube it came in. A&M is a great school (yes, I said it), but my loyalties lie up the road about 90 miles at dear ol' Baylor.

So, beginning February 6, you can expect to see the First Edition in green. A lot. Sic 'em!

No comments: