10.12.2006

Next stop: Target

During lunch on Wednesday, I ran to Northwest Mall (yes, it's still open) for two reasons: (1) it's the closest Chick-Fil-A to work, and (2) I needed to buy a pair of sunglasses.

I stopped off at Macy's first in search of some shades. Not seeing any where they normally are (or at least where they used to be in the Foley's era), I asked a sales associate where I could find them.

"They've already taken them off the floor," she replied.

I didn't ask what that meant, but I was left wondering if her response indicated that Macy's would not carry men's sunglasses or if they were done selling them for the season. Curious.

Then I stopped off at Palais Royal. The only rack of shades I could find was located kinda near the women's department and kinda near the men's department. After finding nothing but big Jackie Onassis style glasses with big ol' Channel logos on them, I figured I was in the wrong place.

So, I asked an associate where I might find sunglasses for men.

"I'm sorry, we're all out for the season."

All out? Removed from the floor?

Where are we? Have they been outside? Do they know where we live? This ain't northern Alaska! The sun ain't goin' away anytime soon.

OK. That's all. There's no real point to this other than I was struck by the absurdity of it all. Carry on.

1 comment:

raj said...

preach it brother!!
just try to find a pair of shorts or bathing suits...

i have always thought it was so STUPID how the powers that be in the north controlled what we get to purchase down here in the sunbelt.

i guess it is why i always will think the globalism leaves much to be desired!!