10.31.2006

Witches in church? Oh my!

This morning, I was diligently typing at my computer and staring at the monitor -- totally in "the groove" working on a document. Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye -- something standing in the doorway of my office.

I looked up to find two fully decked out witches bearing gifts.

Keep in mind that I work at a Southern Baptist megachurch. We don't really "do" Halloween around here except for our Fall Festival -- a safe alternative to trick-or-treating where members are asked to not dress their children in ghost, witch, or devil costumes. And the only employees who dressed up today were three pairs of women who dressed as twins.

Therefore, seeing two witches in my office was certainly a surprise.

Who were they? To protect their identity, I will just say that they were sales reps from a local advertiser here in Houston -- an advertiser who is working hard to get our business.

That's all.

(Actually, there is more to the story, but you'll have to ask about that in person. I'm not posting it on the internet. Nope. Not gonna do it.)

1 comment:

palomita said...

They must not be working TOO hard to get the church's business, or maybe they're just not forward-thinking enough to realise a visit to the church dressed as witches may not go down too well.