10.24.2006

Why I am not an Ob/Gyn

Reason #1:
A friend of mine was telling me about her friend who recently had a baby. My friend shared that her friend had been feeling down and was crying almost all the time, but was finally getting past that stage. "Did she have post-mortem depression?" I asked.

Reason #2:
A co-worker at a previous job was always hot. Always. She has fans in her cubicle and frequently commented at how hot she was. Since she was a believer and we were good friends, I felt comfortable enough with her to ask, "Are you going through the phase?"


Fortunately, both of these friends are merciful and they both know I'm smarter than these misstatements would indicate.

I realize that the first friend's friend was not depressed about dying. And, I realize that menopause is more than just a "phase" you go through, like adolescence or parachute pants.

Regardless, I'm not opening up a clinic anytime soon.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Women everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief...